4 Jun 2012

Sunglasses overload

Hi there!
Need a new pair of sunnies? Keep on reading, you will definitely find a pair here! Today I'm gonna show you the trends in sunglasses (in my humble opinion of course). With a little bit visual help of sunglasses queen Denni and some other favourite bloggers like Betty, Hanneli, Karla, Alix, Chriselle and Andy. Enjoy!

Meow, one pair of cat-eyes please !
Absolutely my favourite pair of glasses. Ad a scarf and you're totally ready for a ride in a cabrio! Unfortunately this type of glasses is rather difficult. I've tried like a zillion cat-eye sunglasses and none of them looked well on me. :( But if you have a more round shaped head it should look perfect on you

Buzzzzzzzzzzz, insect alarm !
 I admit, it frightened me a bit. But think about what Jean Paul Gaultier said:
In fashion there is no question 'Why?', there is only 'Why not?'.
That is certainly my favourite fashion quote, I should write it on my closet for every time I doubt about my outfit. Now back to the glasses. Denni from The Chicmuse started with these huge insect-eyes glasses from Tom Ford, and she combined them very chic with black and gold. If this is a bit too much for you, there are several more basic versions.
And a little tip: don't try this if you have a small, round shaped head, you will definitely look like a fly.

Steampunk !
I know it's actually more vintage and flee market style but it reminds me of steampunk, and steampunk gothics are awesome, so I call this trend Steampunk. Characterized by fine metal details, the colour brown and perhaps a little bit wood. Maybe I'd better searched for some better examples, but I guess these will do.


Prepare for some fun with these quirky glasses !
Think curious, funny, weird, quirk, ... There is something about these glasses that doesn't make them normal. The good thing about these glasses is that you can buy as many as you wish! They always look unique so you won't wear it as your daily basic glasses, every outfit needs other quirky glasses!
("Yeah, you wish.", says my wallet)

You expected more? Here you have it:

Please stick to the basics !
Perhaps you'll think now: "What the hell was all of that? I'll just stick to my basics." Well basics are definitely a good investment, they look good on everything and will be your loyal friend for years. Unless you're the type that ruins there glasses every summer. Then I advice you to take a look at H&M or New Look.
I never understood that, I still have all my sunnies from when I was 12!
Nevertheless, you can never go wrong with one of these, and they suit almost everyone.

So, what's your favourite?
And just ask if you can't read something!

All glasses from SmartBuyGlasses
-Psst they have more then 150 brands (like Prada, Ray Ban, Gucci, or less mainstream: Pierre Cardin, Rodenstock and Gianfranco Ferre ), free shippings all over the world, two-year warranty and exchange is possible. Still not convinced? Well, they also support charity with their 'buy one, give one action'! It's the place to be if you're looking for some fancy designer glasses, If you ask me! :)

And check out, you can try some of them on, virtual! So awesome!
Uh oh, I hear my books calling my name... "Siel! Siel! Come here! You haven't used us today and your examen is coming closer!! Siel, come here, immediately!"
See? Haha they're just like my mum ;) Well that's it then, I have to study, so ciao ciao !




7 comments:

  1. you are right this season is for sunglasses, I already got myself 3 in 1 week ;) ANd one of them are the pretty Miu Miu cat eye that you have under the "Steamboat" collage, the last one actually!!
    xoxo
    Catita
    PS: Next time you are in A'dam, I suggest you go eat at Lieve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool collection you've assembled here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a loyal reader for sometime now, this will probably be my 1st comment. I thought it was eventually time. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ideas in this blog are spectacular and very tasteful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know I had loyal readers so thank You! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ik vind ze allemaal wel leuk.
    Vooral de Buz varianten. Hahaha.
    Liefs, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg ahahah what an awesome research, loved it!! And trying on glasses virtualy is definitely DOPE! *

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and make my day. :)